- Kids who survive mainly on starches, snack foods, junk food, and sweets do NOT "naturally" outgrow it.
- Low-fat foods that are often high in carbos - especially simple sugars - can be a major step in the wrong direction for the carbohydrate-addicted kid.
- For many kids, lack of attention or motivation, learning problems, and mood swings are powerful, vital sings of low-blood-sugar levels.
- Being slim does not indicate that a youngster is addiction-free.
- Carbohydrate addiction is often a family; in some causes, however, it may "skip" many family members.
- While a preference for sweets or starchy foods may be natural, an intense or repeating craving for these foods is not.
- Intense and recurring cravings are themselves signs that a physical imbalance may exist and that it must be corrected.
- Sugar highs and sugar lows may literally be running and ruining your youngster's life.
- The human body was not designed to digest fruit juice without the pulp or to consume artificial sweeteners or soda or...candy!
- Carbohydrate addiction literally feeds itself.
*page numbers indicate where details may be found in the Hellers' book for parents of carbohydrate-addicted children and teens, Carbohydrate-Addicted Kids.